Blog Post 3

With my existing knowledge I feel most prepared to teach the technology standards, "Multimedia Literature". This standard places emphasis on analyzing how different media styles can contribute to a literary piece's meaning and help the reader to understand the text. I feel prepared to teach this standard the most because I have been taught and practiced throughout my educational career a strong focus on the comparison and analysis of different pieces of work and how every bit put into a project is put with a purpose. I believe that because of my experience I would be able to efficiently teach my future students this standard. I fee most unprepared to teach the standard, "Multimedia: Informational Text" because some key elements of this standard include the knowledge of how to input different graphs, animations, and other "interactive elements" which I do not know how to do myself.

I would like to use some sort of blogging application such as this one or glogster. I think having students create a blog page is an effective way for them to get their ideas out. Certain blogging websites also will let students have the ability to insert different graphics which will offer different outlets of learning (visual, audio, etc) to each student. Also, it will allow for students to comment on their peers work, giving students positive feedback and an opportunity for students to practice giving constructive criticism and have respect for one another. In the realm of digital citizenship, I will place a big focus on teaching my students to be polite to one another online. I will also help them to understand the basics of technology and how everything online is there forever for anyone to see. This being said I will teach them to be aware of posting their personal information online. Since I will be teaching elementary school students and many of them are just being introduced to online technologies, I have to highlight important and crucial tips on how to stay safe online.

From working on the Newsletter Design assignment I learned how to insert borders onto a word document. I also learned how to change the shape outline to become a dotted line. At sometimes I was unsure of how to use a certain tool or where to find it, so I had to use trial and error to figure it out. From this assignment I will now be more confident in using different tools in word to create works such as newsletters to send out to parents. I liked this assignment because I had freedom to be a little more creative in my work.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Blog Post 9

Blog Post 8

Blog Post 1