Blog Post 4

I have been using twitter to mainly look at other educational organizations posts. I have found it beneficial because it gives me an outlet to see different articles on education. I think that twitter could help me in my future career as a teacher to help send out additional information to students. I could post clarifying assignments or sharing different articles that I find interesting for the class to read. It could be a useful tool for answering students questions because twitter is quick and easy to use.

The digital divide affects each student's success differently in the classroom depending on which side of the divide they fall on. If the student does not have consistent access to technology at home than they are at a disadvantage. While there are sometimes other options of getting to technology such as the library, it still makes things more difficult for the child. Some causes of the digital divide is a family's economic status, some students from lower income homes may not be able to afford the same technologies as other students. The digital divide is also created by the different skill levels of each person when it comes to technology which goes back to whether or not they had technology sources readily available to them. As a teacher I may have students that do not have access to technology outside of school. I will work to keep all technology based assignments as in class assignments that way everyone has an equal opportunity.

I expect to use the most of educational game software because I feel like that is the most beneficial to elementary school aged children. These games are engaging and fun for the students and allows them to learn while not even realizing it. Educational games can offer multiple benefits for different learning subjects such as memorization, problem solving, and coordination. I think games are a great way to exercise little minds while having fun at the same time. I will use Authoring software the least because it lets students create different software for specific subjects and I feel that they need to learn the standards from an actual teacher first. I think it is important for the students to be able to know and understand the concepts taught by me first because they are just starting their educational career and need a solid foundation before they can move onto more advanced things. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Blog Post 9

Blog Post 8

Blog Post 1