Blog Post 6

https://www.lcps.org/Page/154252












I chose to examine the teachers class pages from Creighton's Corner Elementary School. I viewed different class pages from grades K-5th to get an idea of how each grade differed. The screenshot of the class website is a fifth grade teacher at Creighton's Corner. All of the class pages I viewed I was able to see a photo of the teacher along with a paragraph describing the teacher, giving fun facts about themselves, goals for the school year, expressing excitement for the class, etc. I noticed that a lot of the older grade level teachers had multiple links on their page for other educational resources and websites. I was able to click and view these extra links. The fourth grade teachers actually had linked their fourth grade class twitter page to their class page, however the twitter account was on private so I was not able to view this information.

I will use technology in my classroom to help enhance communication with the parents of my class. Like the podcast mentioned, technology such as emails is a much for effective and efficient way to communicate with the parents. If I were to hand a paper with all the information to the students to deliver to their parents then the students could forget to give it to their parents, lose the paper, or ruin the paper. Using email to communicate with parents is one way that I will use technology is my classroom because it will ensure that my information is getting across to parents. I could also use online grading software that will automatically score my students work and give me the correct grade. With a program like this it will ensure that I do not make a mistake when grading my students work and give them the credit they earned. Another tool I could use in my classroom is Microsoft office. I could use this to create and organize my lesson plans that way I can stay prepared and deliver lessons smoothly which will create a better learning environment for my students.

At the technology sandbox we used a number of interesting technology that could be used in the classroom including 3D printers/pens, virtual reality devices, and smart board technologies. Wanting to work as an elementary school teacher I think I would most use the Smart board or Promethean boards in my classroom most. These boards can be used for a number of ways and help display lessons that can be interactive. I would use them to deliver my lesson and implement the interactive pieces so my students can practice the skills being taught and as a check to see if they are understanding the material I am teaching during the lesson. I would do this by calling students up to answer questions on the board by using the boards pen to select the answers or to have them practice writing numbers and letters on the board with the pen. The use of the boards pen will also help with motor skills as the young students will be able to practice writing and holding the pen.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Blog Post 9

Blog Post 8

Blog Post 1