Blog Post 10


I will use data collection and reporting tools often as a teacher. I can use both of these tools for organizational purposes and a way of gaining information for myself. I can use data collection surveys to create surveys that ask my students questions about how confident they feel with their comprehension of material so I can analyze their responses and see if the class seems to be grasping the concepts well enough and decide if I can test them or need to spend more time teaching the curriculum. I think that parent involvement is very important, especially for parents of elementary school students because it is the beginning of their child's educational career. This being said I can also use surveys as a way to get parents input and use their responses to guide my teaching styles. I can use excel to create seating charts that way I can organize my students into table groups that I know will create a successful learning environment by controlling where and by who certain students sit. I can also use excel to create my teaching schedule that includes lessons and school events so I can view my daily lesson plans in an organized way and stay on schedule. 

I thought that Bianca's blog posts were interesting because she has a lot of ideas that could be used in an elementary school classroom and that is the same grade level I want to teach. One interesting tool I learned about from reading her blog was the website, Fun Brain. This is a website that offers different educational games. I think that this is a useful tool that I could use as a future elementary school teacher because it offers younger students a fun and entertaining website that helps them learn at the same time. I also really liked Kyle's blog post on utilizing Pinterest as a teacher. He made a good point of how most of us have probably already used or know how to use Pinterest so it would be easy to implement into your career as a teacher. It is a great way to find and explore different ideas and crafts that you can recreate with your students.  

I next want to learn how to use movie creating programs such as imovie. I think that being able to create interesting short clips would be a fun tool to use in the classroom because it offers a new and entertaining way to teach lessons to my students. I would also like to have class projects where students can create their own movies on an assigned topic and present them to the class. It would be important for me to first know how to operate these movie creating programs so I would be able to help my students create their own projects and be able to answer any questions they have. I will achieve this goal by learning on my own how to use these programs. I can watch tutorials on YouTube and then experiment with the programs myself to practice using the skills and discovering different functions of the program.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Blog Post 9

Blog Post 8

Blog Post 1